Fordwich Town Hall was built in the 15th Century and is looked after by Fordwich United Charities and custodians who are happy to show visitors around, telling them about its history, importance and connection to Canterbury Cathedral. The Town Hall is still used today and often holds town council, trustee and custodian meetings, and is also a venue to hire. The ancient building still has all the original timbers and, as it served as a courtroom for many centuries, has a prisoner’s bar, panelled seating for a jury, jury room and even a small gaol, last used in 1855 for two men convicted of poaching. Part of the Wheels of Time scheme for younger visitors.

Opening Hours
Varied days open - check their website.


Sturry - just over 10 minutes.

Toilets • Free Parking

Picture Credit: © Fordwich Town Council.

Sign up for regular updates about what’s happening in Kent