St Mary’s Church in Sutton Valence was rebuilt after it was in a state of collapse in 1823. Made from Kentish ragstone with major work in 1874,  pillars and arches were used to support the roof, the south and north aisles crate and the replacement of the west gallery and an organ, most of which can be seen today. A 14th Century altarpiece made in England from stone brought from Caen was discarded, but recovered and is on display at the V&A Museum.

Opening Hours
10am-6pm usually.

Picture Credit: © Headcorn and The Suttons Anglican Benefice.

Sign up for regular updates about what’s happening in Kent