Description

The Carriage Museum is housed in the 14th Century stables of the Archbishop’s Palace complex used by the Archbishop of Canterbury when travelling through the county. The collection was the gift of Sir Garrard Tyrwhitt-Drake, the 12-time Mayor of Maidstone who started the collection when he realised that they were being replaced by cars. Opened in 1946, it is the first of its kind and is considered one of the finest collections in Europe, with over 60 vehicles on display. Part of Maidstone Museums.

Opening Times
6th April to 21st September
11am-3pm
Subject to staffing.

Price
Free - donations welcome.

Train
Maidstone Museum is Maidstone East - two minute walk or Maidstone Barracks - five minutes.

Bus
Maidstone Chequers Bus Station - 10 minute walk.

Park and Ride
Park and Ride services operate from Willington Street (501) and London Road (503).

Picture Credit: © Maidstone Museum.

Location
Sign up for regular updates about what’s happening in Kent