Tower House was donated to the city by the Williamson family in 1936, and the house and surrounding gardens were recently restored. It was built around one of the 21 bastions of Canterbury’s medieval city wall. There have been buildings on the site since at least the 1400s. The existing house with its narrow arched windows was built during Victorian times around 1850. It is now a venue for events and is also host to outdoor theatre shows in the beautiful setting of Westgate Gardens.

Picture Credit: © Canterbury City Council.

Sign up for regular updates about what’s happening in Kent