Description

Gravesend Town Pier is the oldest remaining cast iron pier in the world, and was first opened in 1834. Between 1835 and 1842 it was used by three and a quarter million passengers. It was purchased by the Gravesham Council in 2000 which was then rather dilapidated and was restored with funding from additional bodies. A ferry service has now been reintroduced, and a restaurant and bar premises set up.

Location
Sign up for regular updates about what’s happening in Kent